- 180g Hake fillet (skinned)
- 180g Raw smoked haddock
- 180g Cooked flaked smoked haddock
- 3g Dill
- 4 Free-range eggs
- Lemon zest
- White pepper
- Flour/extra egg/breadcrumbs to coat scotch egg
- Cover 180g raw smoked haddock with cold milk, bring to the boil then take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Once cool, remove the skin and gently flake.
- Take the remaining 180g cooked smoked haddock and hake, remove the skin and chop into chunks.
- Mix all together.
- Separate into four portions.
- Boil four eggs for five minutes.
- Refresh under cold water and peel.
- Wrap the fish mixture around the boiled eggs.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll in flour, egg and breadcrumbs
- Deep fry for three minutes, then brown in the oven for three minutes.
Recipe kindly supplied by The Fish on the Farncombe Estate.