For the base:
- 100g Praline paste
- 45g Milk chocolate
- 35g Chopped pistachios
- 70g Kellogg’s Special K
- Melt the praline paste and chocolate together in a bain marie.
- Add the dry ingredients and spread on greaseproof paper, then leave to set for one hour.
- Cut to the size of your mould, then place at the bottom of each mould.
For the salted pistachio insert:
- 50ml Milk
- 130ml Cream
- 40g Pistachio paste
- 45g Sugar
- 45g Egg yolks
- A pinch of sea salt
- Half a bronze gelatine leaf, soaked
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolks together.
- Bring the cream, milk and pistachio paste to the boil, then add the sugar and egg mixture.
- Whisk together and bring back to 80°c.
- Add the sea salt and soaked gelatine. Mix together, then leave to cool slightly.
- Pour into half sphere moulds and leave to set in the freezer.
For the dark chocolate mousse:
- 80g Sugar
- 25ml Water
- 32g Eggs (whole)
- 70g Egg yolks
- 160g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 290ml Whipping cream
- 1 Gelatine leaf (soaked)
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie.
- Whisk the whipping cream to a semi-set peak.
- Bring the water and sugar to 118°c.
- Place the eggs and egg yolks into a bowl and whisk together whilst carefully pouring in the water and sugar mix. Whisk continuously until the mix cools, then add the soaked gelatine.
- Fold a quarter of the cream into the warm chocolate at 50°c, then add the egg and sugar mix followed by the rest of the cream and fold everything together.
- In a lined ring, place the base at the bottom and pipe in the chocolate mousse to two thirds full.
- Place a frozen pistachio insert into the mousse, then fill the rest of the mould, making sure of a clean finish at the top.
- Place in the freezer.
For the dark mirror glaze:
- 40ml Water
- 75g Sugar
- 75g Glucose
- 50ml Sweetened condensed milk
- 5g Gelatine
- 27ml Water
- 75g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- Bring the water, sugar and glucose to 110°c.
- Add the condensed milk and bring back to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the soaked gelatine.
- Mix in the dark chocolate, blend together and pass through a sieve.
- When the glaze has cooled to 30°c it is ready to use.
- Evenly pour over the frozen mousse, then leave for thirty minutes before serving.
Recipe kindly supplied by Maison Talbooth