One side of Chalk Stream Trout
2 bunches of watercress
100g Toasted Pine nuts
2 lemon segments
2 Maris Piper potatoes
- Cut 4 portions of fish to your desired size and score the skin.
- Blanch 1 bunch of watercress in boiling salted water for 1 minute.
- Remove from the boiling water and place into iced water to chill.
- Squeeze out the excess water and blend in a food processor until smooth. Keep cold.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into half centimetre dice and cook in salted water for 4-5 minutes, then chill.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts until golden.
- To cook the fish, place skin side down in a medium hot pan for 4 minutes and leave skin side down for 80% of the cooking time.
- Turn the fish over to finish the cooking for another 2 minutes and finish with smoked butter and lemon juice.
- Add the diced potato to a pan and gently heat in the pureed watercress and pine nuts. Don’t allow to get too hot as the green colour will go brown.
- Finish the emulsion with salt and pepper, sliced lemon segments, chopped dill and chopped fresh watercress.
- Place in the bowl and lay the fish on top.
- Garnish with fresh watercress and serve.
Recipe kindly supplied by Matthew Whitfield, Head Chef at The Montagu Arms.