- 600ml Whole milk
- 300ml Double cream
- 300ml Buttermilk
- 100g Caster sugar
- 5 Bronze gelatine leaves
- 2g Vanilla paste
- Soak the gelatine leaves in ice cold water and leave to one side.
- Place the whole milk, double cream and caster sugar into a pan and bring to just under the boil.
- Once it has reached this stage, remove from the heat. Next add the buttermilk, gelatine and vanilla paste and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a bowl over another bowl of ice and allow to cool. Once nearly set, pour into the desired mound and refrigerate until needed.
- Garnish suggestions; lemon curd and raspberries.
Recipe and image kindly supplied by Thurlestone.