We are grateful to Boutique Hotelier magazine for publishing “10 things you didn’t know about Pride of Britain Hotels” in their January 2016 issue.
Here they are:
- 48 member hotels with a combined turnover of £233m employ 5,000 staff
- Pride of Britain has a limit of 50 member hotels
- The not for profit organisation was formed in 1982
- 18 commercial partners support Pride of Britain
- The organisation employs just six people at its Wiltshire headquarters
- The value of centrally placed telephone reservations in 2015 was £560,000
- Electronic reservations via the PoB/Synxis booking engine total £12m annually
- The number of customers on Pride of Britain’s database exceeds 95,000
- 50,000 copies of the annual printed hotel directory are distributed in Britain
- Five members or partners hold Royal Warrants of Appointment: The Goring, The Hebridean Princess, Twinings Tea, Moet & Chandon and GP&J Baker Ltd.